Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this opportunity?
If you have the spirit of an entrepreneur and enjoy a fast pace environment, this opportunity is for you. We are growing rapidly and looking for team members who have the energy to work in a quickly moving industry. We are a user centric company, being able to understand our customers and our users is one of the aspects to success in our company.
As a Senior Cloud Architect, you will own the infrastructure of the Wyze cloud and software solutions for our systems and products. You will work with different disciplines to ensure development is complete, on time with high quality. This team member will work closely with our internal and partner engineering service teams.
- Expertise - Collaborate with training and support teams to help partners and customers.
- Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. Understanding system requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Delivery - Engagements include projects proving the use of partner services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications or integration of new applications.
- Insights - Work with Wyze engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of partner and/or internal services.
- Security, Risk and Compliance - Advise teams on best practices around access management, network setup, regulatory compliance and related areas.
- Consulting skills to represent Wyze within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Track record of implementation of could services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
- Current hands-on software development and could service implementation experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
- Be mobile and open to travel to client locations as and when required.