Who we are:
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA. We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone.
Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
Since launching our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017, Wyze has continued to bring new, innovative products to our users. You can learn more about Wyze and our various products at wyze.com.
What the Opportunity is:
The Software Engineer will develop cloud back-end systems for video streaming service including camera-to-cloud, cloud-to-app and camera-to-app (P2P), by designing highly scalable software architecture to support large traffic volume under thorough network security consideration, designing simple and concise REST API interfaces for serving private and public utilization purposes, developing, deploying, patching and operating cloud-based back-end solutions. You will also contribute to the best practices of software development for Wyze and help to establish the culture of the Engineering team.
- Design technical solutions for scalable, secure and operable cloud services for video streaming.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs by conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas by following the software development life-cycle, identifying and resolving the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Staying current with state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Proficiency on Java, C++ or Python
- Deep knowledge of computer network, security, architect design, object-oriented design (preferably interface-based design concepts)
- Deep knowledge of video codec and streaming, proven experiences on relevant domains.
- Experience with back-end server development with modern server or cloud environments, such as container, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, distributed file systems
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate highly technical data to various stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Solid experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud preferred
- Solid knowledge in firmware preferred
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Engineer, Computer Science or other degree with 3+ years work experience as software developer.