Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
What is this Opportunity?
The position will build best-in-class research methods such as usability studies (Comparative, iterative, prototype, remote), card sorting, concept testing, cognitive walkthroughs, diary studies, field research and surveys. UIUX designers will be part of a team who's responsible for the design, development, and testing of our next generation smart home camera products (both indoor and outdoor). He or she will take a customer centric approach to champion product features, functionality and experience and lead the design, and development by collaborating with cross functional teams during the research and definition. The ideal candidate will have experience in the consumer electronics industry.
- Partner with the Product Management and Engineering teams to launch digital products that simplifies the smart home for our customers.
- Own parts of the overall experience while adhering to our style guide, and UX patterns, but also be willing to challenge them, add to them, and make it better.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment, understanding requirements, sketching, creating wireframes, prototyping, designing, and delivering final UI specs to the development team.
- Lead brainstorm sessions with stakeholders and cross-functional team members in the pursuit of creating the most useful, simplest, desirable, and engaging experiences for our users.
- Talk to our customers and seek to understand user needs in order to arrive at design decisions that solve real problems based on insights learned.
- Use data to help inform design decisions that result in the best experiences for the highest number of users.
- Participate in team design reviews to help improve the work of your peers.
- Work with the marketing team to design assets that ensure brand consistency across all touch points of the customer experience.
- 5+ years experience designing for consumer-facing web and/or mobile products.
- You take a user-centered approach to designing products. You seek feedback and challenge assumptions.
- You are an effective communicator, never hide bad news, confront roadblocks that pop up, and challenge ideas while keeping an open mind and seek to learn new things.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, seek clarity, and solve problems creatively.
- You always ask if something can be better, love trying new things and iterating toward a better solution.
- You have an incredible eye for design detail, and understand that it’s the consistency in the little things that build trust with users. You are a protector of the brand.
- You have a passion for the smart home and a desire to be a part of making it simple for everyone.
- You have a strong portfolio that not only show your beautiful work, but also the process you used to arrive at it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.